Solar Victoria announced today that they have expanded their Solar Battery Rebate program to include additional postcodes, some of those eligible areas are now located in the Gippsland Region.
Adding a battery like Tesla Powerwall to your solar system will give you the security of back up power during a grid outage as well as savings on your electricity bill.
The solar battery rebate is for an amount up to $4,838 which significantly reduces the cost of adding battery storage to your solar system.
Solar Victoria Battery Rebate Eligibility Criteria:
- The postcode of your property must be on the Solar Victoria Battery Rebate eligible postcodes list.
- You must have an existing solar system on your property
- You must be an owner-occupier
- The combined income of home owners must be less than $180,000
- Your property must be worth less than $3 Million.
- You have not already claimed the Solar Victoria Solar PV Rebate
- Must choose a battery listed on the Solar Victoria Approved Batteries list
- Must be willing to receive information from their Distribution Network Service Provider about participating in battery trials to maximise the value of households get from their battery
- Must agree to receive a free safety inspection and/or audit under the Solar Victoria Audit Program if selected.
If you live in one of the following postcodes and have not already claimed the Solar Victoria Solar PV rebate you may be eligible for a Solar Victoria Battery Rebate.