Rockys Solar has a position vacant for a solar design & installation trainee. The successful applicant will have a keen interest in the solar industry and be willing to learn about all aspects of solar & battery storage design and installation, as well as on-the-job sales training.
The position will be based in our Sale Showroom with travel all over Gippsland
Rockys Solar has well established roots in the Gippsland community and a strong focus on quality solar and storage installations, with excellent customer service.
Rockys Solar believes in providing custom tailored solutions, designed specifically for each client, that help to reduce their reliance on grid energy and provide savings on electricity costs.
Rockys Solar provides good quality products that will continue to perform well over the life of the system, backed up by local support.
The job will involve:
- Solar and Storage Design & Installation Training
- Learn, and put into practice, the technical aspects involved in designing an efficient solar system specifically suited to the needs of each client that is compliant with Australian safety standards and Clean Energy Council Guidelines
- Estimate the cost of installation including analysis of the client’s current and potential future energy usage, and project estimated savings
- Sales, meeting with clients and discussing the following:
- How Solar Works
- Products and Services Offered
- Benefits of Installing Solar
- Energy Usage and Efficiency
- Rebates and Incentives
- Benefits of installing solar with Rockys Solar
- Administration including:
- Recording Client Details
- Keeping Detailed Notes
- Preparation of Installation designs
- Preparation of quotes
- Client Followups
- Working with other staff as required
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Have a genuine interest in the solar industry
- Be eager to learn
- Be polite and friendly, professional, reliable, punctual & trustworthy
- Be able to communicate clearly in person and over the phone
- Have good written and verbal communication skills
- Have good computer skills
- Have a driver licence
- Be able to work as part of a team
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your CV along with a cover letter using the form below: