In order to apply for any of the Solar or Battery Rebates available you must first obtain a quote from a Clean Energy Council Approved Solar Retailer like Rockys Solar. To schedule an appointment for an obligation free solar quote please contact us or fill in our Quote Request Form.
STC – Small-Scale Technology Certificates (Federal Incentive)
When you install a solar system the Federal Government offers an incentive in the form of small-scale technology trading certificates (STCs) based on the amount of power your solar system will generate from the time it is installed until 2030.
Rockys Solar offers you an upfront discount on your solar installation in exchange for the trading certificates your solar system is eligible for.
STCs are traded through the open market and as a result the value (and therefore the upfront discount we offer you) changes on a regular basis.
Our STC discount will appear on your quote and is valid for a period of 7 days. The number of STCs that apply to a solar installation are adjusted down on the first of January every year.
You do not need to apply for the STC discount and there is no specific eligibility criteria beyond the solar system components used in your installation being on the Clean Energy Council approved list.
Solar Victoria Residential Solar PV Rebate
Solar Victoria Solar Homes program was launched in August 2018. The current rebate amount is $1850 with an optional interest free loan of another $1850, combined with the federal STC incentive this reduces the up front cost of installing solar dramatically.
Eligibility criteria for the Solar Victoria Solar PV Rebate includes:
- Home Owner’s combined income must be under $180,000
- The property must be valued at under $3 million
- The property does not have existing solar
- You or the property address as not participated in the Solar Homes program before
Once a solar quote has been provided to you it will be uploaded to the Solar Victoria Portal to allow you to begin your rebate application if you wish to proceed. Uploading your quote to the portal does not lock you into anything, to begin your rebate application you must access your quote in the portal and begin the application yourself.
Documents you will need to provide during the application process include:
- Rates Notice (must show Capital Improved Value)
- Proof of Income (Notice of Assessment from the ATO or Centrelink Benefits/Pension Card or Statutory Declaration)
- 2 Forms of identification (Australian Drivers Licence, Australian Passport, Medicare Card, Birth Certificate, Foreign Passport WITH Current Visa or IMMI Card)
- Your Bank Details (Only if applying for interest free loan)
Solar Victoria Landlord Rebate
In addition to claiming a rebate on their owner-occupied premises, property owners may claim a Solar Rebate on up to 2 rental properties per financial year.
The amount of the rebate is $1850 off the cost of a solar installation with the option of an additional $1850 interest free loan which may be split with the tenant.
Eligibility criteria applies to both the landlord and the tenant including:
- Tenant’s combined income must be under $180,000
- The property is valued at under $3 million
- The property does not have existing solar
- The property address as not participated in the Solar Homes program before
- Solar Homes Landlord-Tenant Agreement must be signed by the landlord and all tenants
- There is a lease agreement in place with the tenant.
Solar Victoria Battery Rebate
While initially limited by postcode, the Solar Victoria Battery rebate is now available in all postcodes in Victoria. The rebate reduces the cost of installing a battery by $4174.
Eligibility criteria for the battery rebate is as follows:
- You or the property address have not already claimed the Solar Victoria Solar PV Rebate
- You must have an existing solar system, 5kW or greater, with no existing battery storage
- You must own and live in the property
- The combined income of home owners must be less than $180,000
- Your property must be worth less than $3 Million.
- The battery you wish to install is listed on the Solar Victoria Approved Batteries list
- You must have pre approval from your Distributor (AusNet Services) to add battery storage to your solar system
Solar Victoria Business Rebates
Beginning in May 2021, Solar Rebates for Small businesses will be available of up to $3,500 off the cost of installing solar.
The current criteria that applies to the Solar Victoria Business Rebate is as follows:
- Be the owner of a business which has less than 20 employees
- Operate from premises that are not considered residential
- Operate from a premises that are individually metered
- Have your system installed by a Solar Homes approved solar retailer like Rockys Solar in Gippsland
- Install a solar system with a PV capacity size up to 30kW, and detailed on the Solar Homes approved product list.
Additional support will be available to small businesses to make energy efficiency changes to their business. Bonuses of up to $2,000 can be for energy efficient equipment such as air-conditioning, refrigeration and heat pumps.
More information is available on the Solar Victoria Website.