Solar Installations in Gippsland just got a whole lot more affordable. From 1 July, 2019 a rebate and interest free loan will be available to Gippsland households through Solar Victoria.
There are multiple Solar Victoria rebates available in the Gippsland Region.
- The Home Owner-Occupier rebate
- The Landlord-Tenant Rebate.
- The Solar Battery Rebate (Limited postcodes only). Find out more about the battery rebate here.
Please note that the homeowner-occupier and landlord rebate amounts will drop from Jan 1, 2020. See here for more details.
Solar Victoria Rebate Application Process
- Contact Rockys Solar for a quote
- Go to the Solar Victoria Portal & Select your Quote
- Upload Eligibility & ID Documentation
- Contact Rockys to arrange installation
- Once you contact Rockys Solar for a quote, we will arrange an estimator to inspect your property and discuss your usage requirements in order to tailor a solar system designed to meet your individual needs.
Note: If contacting other solar retailers please be aware that Solar Victoria requires that all solar retailers participating in the program abide by the Clean Energy Council Code of Conduct, so you should check that your retailer is a Clean Energy Council Approved Retailer as this is a an indication that the retailer abides by the Code.
- After site inspection, Rockys Solar will send you a copy of your solar proposal and upload a copy to the Solar Victoria online portal. Once submitted to the portal you will receive a notification from Solar Victoria inviting you to apply for the rebate.
- If there are rebates available for the current month you will be able secure your rebate via the Solar Victoria portal (See further instructions below.). Once a rebate has been secured you can continue the application process any time within 14 days.
- You will need the following documents to complete the application process. (See Page 3 for detailed information)
- Rates Notice
- Proof of Income
- Your Bank Details (Only if applying for interest free loan)
Once you submit your eligibility documents and completed your online ID Verification, you may receive an immediate notification regarding your approval status however in most cases a manual review or further documentation will be required. Solar Victoria will email you further information it is required.
- Once you have been approved, you must provide Rockys Solar with your eligibility number along with your deposit (if required) and a signed copy of your proposal agreement.
- Your solar installation will be scheduled at a mutually agreeable time. On the day of installation you will be need to be on site and have a copy of the QR code supplied to you by Solar Victoria. You will also need to be present to sign your electricity retailer connection agreement and STC assignment form. The balance of your upfront payment will be due on the day of your installation, our main office will provide you with an invoice.
Securing a Solar Victoria Rebate
The portal will open twice per month with a limited number of rebates available each time. As soon as all rebates have been allocated, the portal will temporarily close to applications. Rebates are generally allocated within an hour so we recommend you are prepared in advance for your best chance at securing a rebate.
To secure your rebate, please be ready with a computer or smart phone at the specified time on the day the portal opens (Check with Solar Victoria for updates.) Click on the link in the email you received from Solar Victoria when your quote was entered in the portal, or click this link https://service.vic.gov.au/services/solar-homes
To secure your rebate
- Click on the Apply Now button near the bottom of the page.
- Enter your email address and phone number then click the Next button
- Enter your Retailer, to do this start typing Rockys and then select Rockys Solar, enter your Quote Number and the Total Quote Amount (Amount listed as Total System Value on your quote proposal). Click next.
- Confirm your location is correct then click the Next button. If it is not you will need to contact us. If there are no rebates available, there will be a message in a grey box on this page indicating rebates for the current period have closed and you will not be able to click the Next button.
- If the portal is still open and you are able to click next, on the following page select whether your are applying as an Owner-Occupier or Landlord and click Next.
- You will be asked to upload your rates notice. At this point, you have secured a rebate and you can click the Save & Exit button at the bottom of the page. From this point you can rest easy and you will have 14 days to complete uploading your documents and complete the ID verification. If you are not confident about uploading your documents you can call or bring your documents to our Showroom at 13b Foster Street in Sale and we will help you with your application. You must be present, you cannot just leave your documents with us.
Solar Victoria Rebate Eligibility Documentation
Council Rates and Valuation Notice
You must provide a rates notice (Property Valuation or Installment document) for the property of the proposed solar installation that has been issued within the last 12 months. The document must state the “Capital Improved Value” of your property.
Installment notices will only be accepted if they state the Capital Improved Value of your property.
Proof of Income
Proof of income must be provided for each individual named on the Rates Notice. If there is more than one set of income documents provided, documents provided must be from the same financial year eg. 2017/18 or 2018/19 financial year.
Acceptable documents include:
- Those with taxable income:
If you submit a tax return or submit non lodgement advice with the Australian Tax Office you should receive a “Notice of Assessment” stating your taxable income.
- Centrelink Payment Summary or Centrelink Income Summary showing dates, reference number and confirming pension income for financial years 2017/18 or 2018/19. This can be accessed via your MyGov account at humanservices.gov.au/individuals/centrelink or by contacting Centrelink.
- Department of Veteran Affairs payment summary showing dates and confirming pension income for financial years 2017/18 or 2018/10
- For those with no taxable income:
(If you do not have a Notice of Assessment from the Australian Tax Office)
- Retirees must provide a completed and signed Statutory Declaration stating that you are retired and your total income amount (including any superannuation) for the 2018/19 financial year.
- Others with no taxable income will need to provide correspondence demonstrating the submission of non-lodgement advice with the Australian Tax Office (ATO) for the financial year 2018/19. The applicant can request this from the Australian Taxation Office at ato.gov.au/About-ATO/Contact-us.
Proof of Identification
Identification documents will only be required for the primary Landlord applicant. If completing the online ID Verification you will take photos of your documents during the application process.
If you are required to submit Manual ID verification at a later stage you will need to fill in a form sent to you by Solar Victoria along with certified copies of your ID documents and details of a referee (someone who has known you at least 12 months who is not related to you, does not live in the same house and has an Australian passport. These documents will be used to verify your identity and prevent fraud.
You will need one ID document from each of the two categories below:
- Drivers Licence
- Medicare Card
- Birth Certificate
- Foreign Passport WITH Current Visa
- Drivers Licence & Birth Certificate
- Medicare Card & Passport
- Drivers Licence & Passport